Call for Abstracts - DEADLINES
- 20 December 2018: Deadline for abstract submission. Abstracts received after this date will not be considered.
- March 2019: Notification of acceptance of abstracts by email: authors with an accepted abstract will be asked to submit their article for publication in the Congress Book.
- 1 June 2019: Deadline for submitting abstracts for publication in the Congress Book.
Abstracts with the following topics related to the lumbar spine and pelvis can be submitted:
- Anatomy and biomechanics
- Epidemiology: Evidence based papers on effective diagnostic and therapy outcome
- Lumbar pain
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Motor control
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Sports medicine
- Exercise and therapeutic interventions
- Manual techniques
- Prevention and education
You will be asked to select one of the above topics when you submit an abstract.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND ABSTRACT FORM
Abstracts must be submitted as a Word file via the online submission form (see below) and must comply with the author guidelines to be published in the Congress Book.
You can submit several abstracts at the same time and/or add abstracts later on.
Click on the link below to start and create a profile.
Fill out your personal data and go through the submission procedure.
Your abstract(s) is/are only uploaded successfully when you receive an automatic reply confirming your submission(s).
Important: the uploaded Word file(s) must contain:
- Title of abstract
- Authors and affiliations
- Purpose or Aim
- Materials and Methods
Only articles complying with these criteria will be published in the Congress Book.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
- Articles must be written in English not exceeding 500 words, and must be submitted as a Word file (xxx.doc) via the online submission form. The word count includes the title, authors and affiliations.
- Use font Arial 10 characters per inch (font size 10), except for references (see point 8).
- Use single spacing and type the text unjustified without hyphenating words at line breaks. Use hard returns only to end headings and paragraphs, not to rearrange lines.
- Type title in sentence case in bold with no full stop at the end.
- Type family name first followed by the initials of the first name of the authors (Rubens P.P., Van Eyck J. etc.)
- Type affiliation underneath the authors: Institution, Department, City, Country (do not mention street addresses, PO boxes or zip codes). When there are multiple affiliations number them as follows and use the semi-colon between the multiple affiliations: 1Dept. A, Hospital A, City, Country; 2Dept. B, Hospital B, City, Country etc.
- Your abstract is structured as follows: Introduction, Purpose or Aim, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusion, Keywords. Optional headings are: Relevance, Discussion, Implications, Reference(s). Paragraph headings should be typed in bold with no colon at the end. Do not use the heading ‘Abstract’. Each heading should be in a separate paragraph.
- The use of references is discouraged and must be limited to max 3. When you list references, use superscript numbers in the text and but not in the reference list. Use font arial 8 for the reference.
1. Author A., Author B., Author C.D. Title of the scientific work. Title of the Journal year; number; page-page.
- Accepted papers will be included (unedited) in the congress abstract book, available at the time of the congress. Please check that your content is correct, papers will not be edited before printing.
- The abstract review is blinded. Papers will be peer reviewed using specific criteria developed for each of the indicated categories.
Please find the abstract template here
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT HERE